Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Dr Linus

Michael Emerson rocked the house tonight in one of the most touching episodes of Lost in a looooong time. I was actually tearing up when Ben told Ilana his story.


No matter what terrible evil things he's done, there's always that little, broken boy inside of him that always feels as though he's on the outside looking in. What a fantastic character and what a fantastic actor. All these years after he got caught in Rousseau's trap and called himself Henry Gale, and now we have this Ben, this horrible, broken, pitiful, scheming little man who will make you want to slap him and hug him all at the same time.


As for Alpert, I think he might have asked for immortality or asked not to age, and Jacob granted it in exchange for his service. Just like he saved Dogen's son in exchange for his service. But I am interested to find out how Jacob's touch changed the other people he touched: I don't think it means immortality. Even for Alpert, he didn't say he couldn't die, just that he couldn't kill himself.

And Widmore's on the way. To the Hydra station presumably. I wonder if his deal with Smokey is to take over the island: kind of the position Smokey just offered to Ben. Maybe there will be a new Smokey and a new Jacob in the end? Locke and Jack butting heads for all eternity?

I was giggling when Miles actually got out the diamonds! That stupid ep with Nikki and Paolo... I was wondering if that would ever come back to haunt us.

In the enhanced version of Sundown, it said at the end that Kate knows Locke is "on the wrong side". So I guess Smokey really, really is evil then. I know some people have speculated that the roles would be reversed with Jacob turning out to be the bad guy.

Now I can't wait for the Alpert-centric ep! 


Screencaps thanks to Lost-Media.

No comments: