And this season? Nothing. Except that Crazy Claire definitely wants Aaron back.
After watching Sayid "die" and then get "healed" and also "claimed" by something I have to wonder if Aaron was "claimed" too at that very moment when Claire felt him kick. Did Jacob claim him or Smokey? Or was it just the fresh food that made him move? And if a claimed Aaron is now off the island, what does that mean?
"Fire + Water" , Charlie was freaking out because he thought Aaron was in danger. It ended with Aaron being baptized. Interesting to think that it seems that Jacob is associated with water (the healing spring), while Smokey seems associated with fire (the temple others put out their fire when they found out Jacob was dead and hey, no smoke without fire!).
That episode seemed full of clues and hints, and I've always wondered if we'd find out more of what it did mean. Maybe this season?
I've read speculation that Aaron is Jacob (who then ends up time traveling to the past), or is Jacob's son and that Jack's son David in the new timeline could be the Man in Black... But I'm not sure. I just hope that Aaron will end up being significant and important somehow. Because the show sure built him up as such!
I just read Eric's column on "Lighthouse" at Get Lost Podcast and he mentions Malkin the psychic's predictions/warnings about Aaron:
- It is crucial that you yourself raise this child.
- This child parented by anyone else, anyone other than you — danger surrounds this baby…
- Your nature, your spirit, your goodness, must be an influence in the development of this child.
- There is no happy life — not for this child, not without you.
- It can’t be another. You mustn’t allow another to raise your baby.