Friday, February 26, 2010

Love this picture from Lighthouse

It's such a cool shot. Jacob and Hurley in the background and Jack sitting there, still completely confused and crushed after what he has just seen, watching the ocean like has so many times before on the show.

I know a lot of people don't like Jack. I don't even like the character at times, but I do think he is one of the most flawed and complex "heroes" on any TV-show. Yes, he acts like a stuck up moron and he's obnoxious and full of himself and overbearing at times. But he is also so very, very broken (just like he acknowledged in this episode) and trying so very hard to be a good man and do the right thing.

I find him fascinating and infuriating. And I can't wait to see what happens to him at the end.

Screencap thanks to Lostpedia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack may be over-bearing and obnoxious at times, but don't forget just how darn cute he is! Also, remember what a great guy he was in the beginning, always being the hero and trying to do good all the time? We can't stop loving him just because he's gone a little nuts!

I just found your blog and am really enjoying your "Lost" posts. Thanks for doing it!

Maria said...

I can't stop loving him either. He always tries to help others, even when things don't turn out the way he planned... And it's cool to see such a complex and flawed character as the hero! (At least I still assume he is the hero...)

Thanks for reading! :)