Anyway. The scale we saw in the cave recently reminded me of how Egyptians imagined judgment after death:
It was thought that the heart was examined by Anubis and the deities during the Weighing of the Heart ceremony. If the heart weighed more than the feather of Maat, it was immediately consumed by the monster Ammit.And:
Once Ammit swallowed the heart, the soul was believed to become restless forever; this was called "to die a second time".
The ancient Egyptians didn't think we had just one soul, rather it was made up of five parts:
- The Ren, which was a person's name
- The Ba, which was similar to a person's personality
- The Ka, which was a person's spiritual essence and what made you alive - when you died your "ka" left the body
- The Sheut, which was a person's shadow and also contained something of a person's essence
- The Ib, which was the heart and the most important part to the Egyptians - it was the seat of a person's will, emotion and intelligence
In S4 Claire thought she saw her dad by the fire, holding Aaron. That version of Christian seemed very touched to be holding his "grandson". Would Smokey have acted like that? Or was that actually some form of "real Christian" or even Jacob? And who was the Christian we later saw with Claire in the cabin? That Christian wanted Aaron off the island and wanted Locke to "move the island". Which means it had to be Smokey... I think... Argh.
I really want the mystery of Christian Shephard to be resolved. However, I do think it's a key to the central mystery of everything on the show, so it will be some time yet I guess...