Saturday, February 07, 2009

Foucault's Pendulum love and Christian Shepherd

There's a great piece on the new season up at EW.com, written by Doc/Jeff Jensen. And since he mentions Umberto Eco's book Foucault's Pendulum, one of my favourite books, I am now crushing on him.

I also had a thought about Christian Shepherd's appearances on the island. What if he is also time-skipping, or rather: was. What if that is why he kept appearing and disappearing. Doesn't explain why his coffin was empty, but I'm wondering if some of the weird visions the Losties have seen, could have something to do with time-skipping. Maybe even their own time-skipping!

How this all will relate to the smoke monster, because I think it will since it seems able to assume various "shapes", I have no idea. The smoke monster has to be one of the most enigmatic things on the island, and I'm thinking we won't see it explained until Lost's final season. What is it? How did Ben seemingly "summon" it after Keamy killed Alex and what does it do? It's been there since the beginning of the show, and as the time travel eps have started to show, season 1 and 2 are turning out to have a lot of very significant stuff in them that is sure to be revisited.

No comments: