Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Ridley Scott Returns To Sci-Fi!

And not a moment too soon! This is what he told Eclipse Magazine in a recent interview:

QUESTION: You directed Blade Runner and Alien, which are seminal science fiction films. Why have you not done more science fiction films?

RIDLEY SCOTT: I am going to do one. I waited for a book for 20 years and I have got the book. I am not going to tell you what the book is but that film is going to probably be written within the next month. That will definitely be what I do next after Nottingham, the Robin Hood film that I am doing now in England.

Woot! Can't wait to hear what the story is all about. Last year I got the new Blade Runner edition for my birthday and it absolutely rocks. Nicely cleaned up sound and visuals, but the best thing is the "making of" documentary that comes with it. After watching it, all I could think was that a) it's a miracle that movie ever got made at all, b) Harrison Ford is still kinda hawt, and c) Ridley Scott has always had a big ego and enough balls to back it up. Awesome stuff.

No comments: