Friday, June 06, 2008

Glam Shot




Is there anything more self-indulgent than posting screenshots of your MMORPG characters? I mean, really? Does anyone else care what I look like in-game? I think not. But anyway. Here I am in one of my incarnations from Lord of the Rings Online, my current MMORPG of choice. Volgan, the dwarven hunter, level 50. Which means that for the first time ever in any of the games I've played, I reached the level cap! Woot! I'm so totally uber... Or not as the case may be.

I've got some other characters going too (all on the Landroval server in case anyone wants to look me up), but Volgan's definitely my favourite. In the beginning I felt rather odd to be "cross dressing". I've never played a male character before, and felt like an impostor. Strange feeling. I mean, playing a dwarf in a Tolkien-world didn't faze me obviously, yet playing a male dwarf kind of did. Like I said: odd.

LOTRO is a great game. Fun, friendly, quest-heavy in a good way and full of nods and winks for those of us who have read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Highly recommended, even for newbies to the world of Multiplayer Online games.

No comments: